Monday, November 7, 2016

Relationship Advice & Weekend Fun!

Hi loves and welcome back to Simply Pure and Beautiful. Today's blog is all about the exciting weekend we had over here and maybe a little bit of relationship advice as well. I love WEEKENDS because I get to relax and enjoy time with my family, which is something that is very important to me. Spending that quality time together is what grows our relationships with one another and we learn how everyone's week went.

 This weekend was no different than any other weekend we usually have around here. My man worked all weekend so I spent the majority of my hours watching chickflicks on netflix while laundry was in the washer and dryer. I also spent some time planning in my happy planner which I have not posted about in awhile, so for that I'm so sorry. If you all do love those kinds of posts please let me know in the comments so I can bring them back for you! 

 Jesus works odd 2nd shift hours so he usually gets home late in the morning and loves to sleep until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. This has been hard to adjust to for the last 4 months, but we are making it. If anyone of my readers is reading this post and has any advice for couples who work opposite shifts, I would love to know your secrets of how to keep emotions in check. As a woman I find it harder to deal with than he does, because my emotions get in my head and make me feel a little lonely at times. I am by no means unhappy I just require a lot of attention. What girl doesn't? Sooo...

On Sunday we got to have date night, which is something we haven't be able to do for a while now as I've pretty much laid out for you above. Haha. We had a double date with some of his friends from work. I forgot to get some pictures but the place was very delicious. I highly would recommend it to anyone, especially if you like Authentic Mexican cuisine. 


This restaurant is location on 38th street in Indianapolis, Indiana. If you're ever in the area go check it out! They serve a lot of seafood. 


This massive bowl is what he ended up ordering and I got the buttery shrimp platter, which came with rice, salad, and bread. It was all really delicious. His food came with an assortment of seafood and I got to try a few new things out of that bowl. One of them being octopus, yes I said it, I have never in a million years imagined I would try it, but it was actually really good!  After we ate we made a trip to the grocery store where his friends got a few things they needed and then we all made a trip back home. I'm pretty sure we made it in bed by 8:30. We are old farts I tell ya! Driving home at 6:30 it was already dark and it felt like it could have been 11pm. I sure am not a fan of it getting dark this early. 

Well that is pretty much my weekend in sum. It gets pretty boring around here at times, but we do try to go out every once in awhile and do something to spice up life. What do you all love to go out and do on your weekends off? 

Let us know down below in the comments. Maybe we can all inspire one another and give each other ideas that we might not of thought on our own. 
Hope you all have a wonderful week! I promise to have more posts to come this week so be on the lookout! 

Xoxo,
Shelby






No comments: