Sunday, July 7, 2013

Exciting News

This vacation will always be special to the both of us. Our very first night there Clay surprised us all with something I have been dreaming of for the past couple of years. It all started when Clay was finishing up the spaghetti sauce for his mom while they went out fishing. We were talking about how much we loved one another, and he had told me I had came into his life at the right time. I of course started to cry because no one has expressed that kind of emotion and love for me. He continued to tell me that I was his one and only and I had saved his life. Now what girl doesn't get emotional over that! I sure was. 
 We began filling our plates full of noodles and sauce, and then made our way out to the steps of the cabin. Clay proceeded to express his love for me while I stuffed my face with spaghetti...how romantic was I. He ended up putting down his plate and proposed to me! What the!? I had no clue it was the real thing, because he would joke around with me all the time about it. He looked me dead in the eyes and said no Shelby I am serious. I guess I should have known when he used my full name and said I want to spend forever with you. Of course then I realized this was the real deal and I put down my plate and started crying. I don't even remember when I let go of him because all I wanted to do was be held. I really wish someone was there to capture our moment for us, but I know I will never forget it and will always be reminded when we return back every year. 




No comments: