Saturday, June 22, 2013

Planting our Gardens

Gardening planning and prepping has gone underway! I'm so excited to have a bigger garden than last year and to have more of a variety. My man bought this beast tiller to get down and dirty in the ground. 
We bought a few seeds as well to get a start on our planning. I made a map of what I want my area to look like. 

Clay started his garden a few weeks ago and got all these lovely green plants to put in his garden. 
Home Depot had so many pepper plants and different tomato plants he decided to get a few of each us some onions. Once we got back to the house we began getting dirty! 


Looking good with that rake! I was raking up all the top soil so we could use to nice soil underneath. We had so much fun being outside and getting some fresh air. 
The aftermath of my awesomeness. 

I can't wait to start seeing these plants grow and to pick fresh veggies out of the garden to eat.
My babe getting his hands dirty putting these beast plants in the ground. 
My awesomeness once again with putting stacks and twine around Clays plants. Starting to come along. 

A little baby tomato plant. We got 4 different kinds of tomatoes this year and I hope they are delicious and juicy! 
My garden is coming along slowly we got the tiller out today and began get the area all tilled up, but the ground was extremely hard so hopefully we have better luck on Thursday. Here is a picture of what I started on before there was any tilling. I planted sweet potatoes and I really hope they grow! 


I was very proud of my work because it took me so long to do. This area looked like a mess with weeds and dead grass so I'm glad I cleaned it up. It makes the deck area look much nicer. 
Today after I got back from my run Clay began working on my garden. I'm so grateful to have a man who does so much for me and enjoys it. It was a perfect day to be outside as well. 
My man getting his tilling on. I must say a man at work is extremely sexy. Can't wait to get back out there again on Thursday and hopefully start planting my garden. 
I hope to have cantaloupe, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, beans, watermelon, cucumbers, cauliflower, asparagus, strawberry plants, and cabbage this year. I hope they all come up and look delicious! 




No comments: