Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Life as a PHI MU

Joining a sorority is something I never had imagined myself doing, but 3 years ago I made the decision to RUSH! Man was that one hell of a ride. The whole weekend I wasn't really sure what I was getting myself into and wasn't confident that the girls would even like who I was. 3 years ago I was this shy, self reserved girl who was having a hard time meeting new friends at college and keeping them. 
Going through recruitment and finding my new HΦΜE in Phi Mu was my missing piece. I can remember walking into their room and the girls were chanting. To be completely honest I was a little freaked out. There energy though was radiant and I began picturing myself as apart of their sorority. My decision between the two I loved the most wasn't easy,but I am so proud to call myself a ΦΜ! The first few weeks being a Phi were okay, but I didn't really find my fit until after I was initiated. I had so much fun during my Phi experience but I hadn't found that fire for ΦΜ unlike I do now. My sisters mean the world to me and I have grown because of them and my time in Phi Mu. I have met some really amazing women and have found some of my best friends here. I wouldn't be the women I am today without ΦΜ & I wouldn't trade it for the world. 
It's not the best quality picture but this was the night I got my big! This girl has been there for me so much and I couldn't be more proud to be her little. Even though she's an alumi now she will always be my Phi Mu sister! I love how when we don't see each other for a long period of time we are able to pick up from where we left off last. 
 My precious little! Unfortunately she transferred back home so I don't have her in my Phamily or at school anymore but this girl and I were two peas in a pod! I miss you Em! On another note though we just got 50 new beautiful Phis & I can't wait to take one as my little :) 
Our chapter just keeps growing! As of this past weekend we have 112 members!! We literally doubled our chapter after this past recruitment and we couldn't be more excited to be expanding! 
This girl is my rock, my twin, my sister, and best friend! I literally don't know what I would do without her in my life. We know everything about one another and know what the other is thinking. Sometimes it's creepy but I never imagined to meet someone like her! 
My overall thoughts! 
Phi Mu has made me into a confident and strong women. I know without it I wouldn't be who I am today. For those of you who are thinking about rushing I say do it! You will be glad you did and will gain so much from the experience. The women in your chapters will be your sisters for life and no matter where you go, whom you meet, get married, how much it costs, or the birthday you forgot..your sisters will always be beside you to love, support and encourage you! 
I am so happy to say I am a PHI MU!! 

No comments: