Saturday, January 7, 2017

Happy New Year!

Holy cow 2017 came so fast! I can't believe it's already January 7th! It doesn't seem possible. Feels like just yesterday it was Christmas and we were enjoying the holidays and our days off from work. I definitely enjoyed my 4 days off from work relaxing with my love and spending quality time with my family. 

This year is all about balance for me. I know we all come up with New Years resolutions but this year my goal is to just focus on being present in the moment. I've noticed our generation is so wrapped up in social media and technology that we are missing out on life. At least I know I have been. Not spending time focused on my friends or family when we are gathered around but yet my face is buried into my phone scrolling through facebook or instagram. 

So this year my resolution is to find balance in life and be present. Finding balance is huge for me also because I for the past 4 years have been so focused on health and fitness that it's been an obsession to where I was restricting myself from enjoying life. 

Cheers to the New Year & I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. 

Xoxo, 
Shelby 

No comments: