Saturday, November 28, 2015

Post Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This year I signed up for my very 1st 5k. It was called the Pie Run and it was a blast. My friend and her boyfriend also participated and we all ran it together. I was very proud of myself for only stopping once for a quick second then started back up again and completed the whole thing in 34 minutes.

Here we are before the beginning of the race ready to run. The weather was really nice this year for the run, so I am super excited that it participated. Last year I signed up for this race but the weather was very cold and it snowed, so I decided not to run it.






Here we are after the race. Feeling sweaty, tired, and ready for some Thanksgiving food! The three on the left are friends and co-workers, I am the one in the green, and my friend Trenelle beside me. We all had a lot of fun!




I love spending the holidays with my family, it is my favorite time of the year. We ate some delicious food, laughed, and played around in the gym. 
Having a huge family we have our family gatherings at a local elementary school. It's nice because we usually have a game of knockout going on or something fun. Yesterday we decided scooters and dodgeball was the winning choice of activity. Burned a few calories you could say. I love that my family is also very active, because we always have enough people willing to get a game going. 

After we got done at my families dinner my boyfriend and I decided to do some early Black Friday shopping. We made our way to Best Buy to pick up some items then headed to the mall. Unfortunately they did not have what I wanted to get him but I was able to just order it online. The mall was open earlier than we expected so we got all of our shopping done by 7 o'clock. By that time we were both tired and ready to head home.

As we got back into town we made a trip to my grandparents where my mom was visiting. She had got them a new tv for Christmas and everyone was trying to figure out how to program it. Needless to say we left about an hour later and still couldn't figure it out.


This year was an amazing year and I can't wait to spend more holidays with my loved ones.


Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families and enjoyed the time you all spent together.


Warm wishes,

Shelby

No comments: