Monday, November 2, 2015

My Story



If there was one secret in the health and fitness world I think they should tell you this!
 "Go the extra mile, it's never crowded."
Looking back on my own fitness journey there were so many times I wanted to quit and throw in the towel, but something in the back of my mind kept saying "think of why you started!"
Here I am about to begin my story of how I've stayed consistent with my fitness journey. I will be the first to tell you this journey has not been an easy one. There have been many times I've had to pick myself back up and continue to push towards my goals. 

It all started on Halloween of 2012, where I found myself the heaviest I have ever been in my life, and the sad thing was I didn't even realize it. As I was scrolling through my camera I found the picture on the left. This was a huge eye opener for me. I cried in disbelief that I let myself go and had gained so much weight. 
In high school I was active in volleyball and tennis, so weight was not something I worried about. I had always been comfortable with my body. The freshman 15 hit me along with another 25 pounds by Halloween of my sophomore year. I gained 40 pounds in two years and I was determined to get that weight off! 

My life was about to change for the better, and I was doing something about my weight for ME and only ME. No one was going to stop me at this point. This is where I had found AdvoCare through a friend and saw how amazing she had transformed her body in just 90 days. I wanted what she had, so without ever trying a single product, I dove head first into purchasing my first 24 Day Challenge. 
I followed the plan as suggested and did not incorporate exercise until I got my meals in check. Going from eating burger and fries, pizza, and pasta to chicken and veggies along with other healthy choices I had a real adjustment to get use to. 

So I bet you are all are wondering how did this 24 Day Challenge workout for me...
I was beaming with confidence by day 24! I had lost a total of 10 pounds and 10 inches in 24 days and was so excited, because I had found a program that was meant for me. My soulmate you could say because I live by this system today. It has set the foundation for me to reach my goals, and all I have to do is stay consistent and stick to the plan. 
After completing the challenge I knew I had to share it with anyone and everyone, because I knew there would be someone out there just like me. Today I've coached many challengers who all have seen incredible results with this program. 

So fast forward to my fitness journey today I have lost a total of 25 pounds and have kept it off. I've gained self-confidence and want to help others reach their highest potential. I live and breath for this lifestyle and I want to motivate others to reach their goals as well. 

You can follow me on Instagram @shelbyrenee9210 to see some of my food creations and workouts I do. I like the concept of Instagram, so I use it more than any other social media platform. So feel free to follow me to be inspired or motivated to get started. 

Along the way of losing weight I discovered that I am obsessed with weight lifting, and seeing how my body reacts to the process has been the most rewarding part. 



Going back to the one secret in the health and fitness world,
 "Go the extra mile, it's never crowded."
Whenever you feel like quitting mid-workout or you're out on a run and just want to walk your way back, stop for a second and engrain this quote in your mind. "Go the extra mile, it's never crowded." It has helped me push through some of the most brutal workouts I've ever put myself through. When you start to change your mindset and think positively you'll be surprised what you can do. 

With that note I want to send you all off with some positive words. If you tell yourself "I can, I will" I have no doubt in my mind that you will succeed with your goals. 

No comments: